Last Updated May 21st, 2018
We may collect and receive information about users of our Services (“users,” “you,” or “your”) from various sources, including information you provide through your booking for sessions/classes/workshops.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. Information You Provide
I. Session Registration. When you register for a class or booking a session, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, address, email address, and telephone number. If you choose to refer a friend to our Services, we may also collect your friend’s email address so that we may send them a referral or promotional code to sign up for our Services.
II. Payment Information. When you add your financial account information to your Account, that information is directed to our third-party payment processor. We do not store your financial account information on our systems; however, we have access to, and may retain, subscriber information through our third-party payment processor.
III. User Content. Our “Community” feature allows you to publicly post content on our Services. By registering for our Community, you agree that your profile information and the content you post may be viewed and used by other users and third parties we do not control.
IV. Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide. We may also receive a confirmation when you open an email from us.
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
B. Information We Collect When You Use Our Services.
I. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. In addition, when you use our Services, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, landing page, and referring URL. To collect this information, a cookie may be set on your computer or device when you visit our Services. Cookies contain a small amount of information that allows our web servers to recognize you. We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, and/or clear gifs to record your preferences. We may also automatically collect information about your use of features of our Services, about the functionality of our Services, frequency of visits, and other information related to your interactions with the Services. We may track your use across different websites and services. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the information referenced above in this paragraph may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
II. Usage of our Services. When you use our Services, we may collect information about your engagement with and utilisation of our Services, including any testimonials your may provide us with.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
• Provide, operate, and maintain our Services;
• Improve, personalise, and expand our Services;
• Understand and analyse how you use our Services;
• Develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
• Communicate with you, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the Service, and for marketing and promotional purposes;
• Process your transactions;
• Send you text messages;
• For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service, or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
3. WE DO NOT SHARE INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
4. DATA RETENTION
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
5. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
• If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing [email protected].
• In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing [email protected].
• You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing [email protected].
• Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
• You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
6. YOUR CHOICES
You can use some of the features of the Services without registering, thereby limiting the type of information that we collect.
You may unsubscribe from receiving certain promotional emails from us. If you wish to do so, simply follow the instructions found at the end of the email. Even if you unsubscribe, we may still contact you for informational, transactional, account-related, or similar purposes.
Terms & Conditions
By using this site and/or the services offered within these web pages, you are legally and morally agreeing to the following:
- You are courteous and aged 18 or over, with an open heart and an open mind. Anyone under 18 must have an adult present at all times.
- All services are subject to availability, offered for purposes of guidance and assistance, and given at our discretion and convenience.
- Divine Sacred Soul is not to be held responsible or liable for the misuse of any services offered herein, and reserves the right to refuse or end services at any time.
- You are solely responsible for your own self, life-path and the fulfilment of your life’s purpose. The accuracy or effectiveness of any services cannot be guaranteed.
- You have the ability to alter your own reality and future.
- All and any Services and products are not intended or recommended as substitutes for any legal, medical, psychiatric or other orthodox types of professional assistance.
- Full session charge is applied for all sessions cancelled within 48 hours of the appointment time.
- If you should phone late or arrive late, the time may be deducted from your appointment as there is a schedule and other people to consider, and refunds cannot be made.
- All sessions/packages are non-refundable, but may in certain circumstances, be transferred to a family member or friend.
- Divine Sacred Soul is unable to answer questions that relate to your life outside of a consultation. This does not include general business queries.
- You must secure an appointment time before paying for your session
- All one-off sessions/packages are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase or as otherwise indicated. Failure to book within the time frames will result in you losing out on any sessions you have not booked within the time-frame.
- By signing up to a payment plan, you agree to enter into a contract to pay the monthly payments as agreed. It is your responsibility to follow through with this contract. Not using the resources provided to you in the service/package/programme/course does not constitute reason for cancellation. If you find yourself resisting or not implementing, it is your responsibility to contact Divine Sacred Soul to receive the support to help you move past that.
- All course fee deposits are non refundable and non-transferable.
- This website has thoughts and opinions expressed by clients, Raspreet Sagoo and Vianna Stibal, founder of the ThetaHealing® modality. You are encouraged always to seek professional medical advice if you suffer from any medical illness. Our sessions and trainings do not replace or negate medical opinions given to you by a professional doctor.
- All articles, blog, images and writings on this website are copyrighted and may not be reproduced electronically or otherwise in any form without the express written permission of the owners.
- You agree to our terms by clicking on the button on the top of this page.